Terms & Conditions
1. Sponsor. The contest is sponsored by Altaro Software, referred to as Sponsor from herein with.
2. Prizes. The Sponsor will give away a €20 Amazon.com eGift Card to the first 100 eligible entries. The Sponsor will also draw 1 Grand Prize winner from all eligible entries. The Grand Prize will consist of one of the following and will be dependent on the winner’s Grand Prize choice and prize availability:
- 3-year membership of Amazon Prime
- PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Console
- Xbox One X 1TB Console
- Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 - RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Linear & Silent Razer Yellow Switches + Deathadder Elite Gaming Mouse + Firefly Chroma Cloth Mouse Mat Combo
- Unlimited Plus Edition of Altaro VM Backup for 1 host (including 1 year of priority support & version updates)
- Training Session with Technical Evangelist, Microsoft CDM MVP and VMware vExpert, Andy Syrewicze
The values assigned to the above prizes on the contest landing page and any other promotional material are to be considered as approximate values. These values may vary based on the Grand Prize winner’s location and changes in selling prices by the respective prize vendors, for which the Sponsor is not responsible.
All prizes are non-refundable and do not include cash alternatives. Prizes are subject to availability and Altaro is not responsible for any delays due to unavailability of the prizes. Prizes as shown in the promotional campaign creatives are subject to change as per products’ availability.
3. Contest Entry Period & Eligibility. The contest period starts at 09:00h (CEST) on 20th June, 2018 and ends at 23:59h (CEST) on 31st July, 2018. The 20th of June, 2018 and 31st July, 2018 are included within the contest period. All entries that enter on these dates and time and follow the Contest regulations will be eligible. The Altaro SysAdmin Day 2018 Contest is open only to valid entries who are over eighteen years of age or older. Any of Altaro's affiliates, partners, distributors, sponsorships, advertising agencies, suppliers, employees as well as the immediate family and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
4. How to enter the contest and contest rules
- Fill in the form with your correct details and download Altaro VM Backup via https://www.altaro.com/sysadmin-day/ using your work email address. Only valid work email addresses will be considered as an eligible entry, so we can authenticate and verify only one entry per user, as well as be able to contact the winners via email.
- Install Altaro VM Backup, add at least 1 VM, and take a screenshot of the main dashboard view of your running copy of Altaro VM Backup. Only screenshots that show at least 1 VM added for backing up, will be considered as eligible. Screenshots are to be uploaded at the link contest entrants will receive via email when they download Altaro VM Backup from https://www.altaro.com/sysadmin-day/ within the above-stated contest period. Entrants will also be asked to submit the Grand Prize of your choice at the same link.
- After review, the entries found to be eligible will be included in the final draw.
- The deadline to send in your screenshot is 23:59h (CEST) on 2nd August, 2018. Contest entrants who do not send their screenshot by this date, will be considered ineligible for the final draw.
- All entries will be reviewed by the Sponsor who retains the right to accept or decline any entries. In addition, only one entry per user will be considered valid. Multiple entries will be considered null and void.
- The final draw will be held by 10th August, 2018.
- Winners will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsor by the end of August, 2018.
- If the Sponsor’s representative is unable to contact one of the winners within 5 days of the draw or if the winner does not want the prize, the sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner.
- The winner who agrees to accept the prize must agree to participate and cooperate with the Sponsor for any publication of the Winner in media, including but not limited to, being mentioned as one of the contest winners on the Sponsor’s social media profiles.
6. General Conditions. Should you be a winner of this contest, you will be asked for further contact details to be able to send you the Prize via postal mail. These details will only be used for this purpose, and not shared with any entity or used otherwise by the Sponsor or its Partners. By accepting this Prize, you understand that you are not obliged whatsoever to purchase or recommend any products from the Sponsor. In accepting the Prize, the Winner will be expected to agree to participate in and co-operate with being mentioned as the Winner of the contest on the Sponsor's Website and/or Social Media profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn. The Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. You agree that the Sponsor shall have the right to use your name, photograph, image and statements relating to the contest for advertising, publicity and marketing purposes without additional compensation.
Entrant has secured all necessary rights and permissions for Entrant’s submission, including any and all licenses, releases, and/or waivers. Entrant holds Sponsor and its affiliates and agents harmless from damage or loss that may result from Entrant’s failure to secure necessary rights and permissions.
Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates an irrevocable, non-exclusive and royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual right and license to reproduce, distribute, broadcast, post, publish, transmit, encode, store, and/or otherwise use or display, in whole or in part, any Content submitted in connection with this Contest for the purpose of promoting the Contest or Sponsor, in all media now known or hereafter devised. Entrant agrees and understands that Sponsor is not required to utilize any of the Content submitted by the Entrant. Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates the rights and licenses free of charge and agrees that no further permissions from or payment of compensation or royalties to Entrant or any other party are required. Entrant also waives any intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights, moral rights, or any other legal right Entrant may have acquired in the Content submitted or its elements, if any; and Entrant waives any claim and agrees not to assert any claim against Sponsor, its licensees, or affiliated or related companies for their use of the content submitted. No further permissions, consents or payments are required from or to Entrant or any third party in connection with the use by Sponsor of the rights granted hereunder, there is and will not be any agreement with a third party that may in any way interfere with Sponsor’s rights under this license, and such rights are and shall be free and clear of any and all claims, rights and obligations whatsoever.
Sponsor reserves the right to review any Content submitted at any time, and to disqualify any entry which, in its sole discretion, is deemed to be inappropriate, offensive, unsuitable, or it deems may otherwise be in violation of these Contest rules, applicable laws or regulations, or the rights of any third party.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or accepting the prize. The Sponsor will not be held responsible for any damage, liabilities, injury, loss or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering this contest or accepting the Prize.
8. Contest Results. To request the list of winners, send a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: Altaro Software, Dalton House, 60 Windsor Avenue, London SW19 2RR United Kingdom. The request must be received not later than four weeks of the end of the Contest period.
9. Terms Subject to change. These terms and conditions are subject to change by the Sponsor as deemed necessary.
Go back to contest page