ForumsHyper-V Dojo forum
- 24/7 Support
How to Buy
- About us
MSPs, IT resellers and IT consultants can use Altaro VM Backup for MSPs to back up their customers' physical Windows servers as well as their Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines (VMs).
Additionally, they can manage their customers' physical Windows server backups from the same multi-tenant online management console as their VM backups, making it super easy and convenient for them to manage all their customers' server backups from one central location.
A number of organizations with virtual environments often have one or more physical machines that have not been virtualised, and these require data protection.
MSPs can address this by using Altaro VM Backup for MSPs as a P2V solution, that is, a Physical to Virtual solution. It allows them to back up their customers' physical Windows servers and restore them to a virtual environment (as a virtual disk or a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V hypervisor).
Altaro VM Backup is well established as a solution for MSPs to provide backup, replication and recovery services for Hyper-V and VMware on a monthly subscription. It also enables you to back up your customers' physical Windows servers.
Simply pay per VM (and any physical Windows servers) per month; you are then free to establish your own pricing model.
You can choose per customer whether to add physical machine backup functionality at an additional fee per physical server protected each month.
This offering gives you a wider services portfolio and another revenue stream.
You can continue relying on one central multi-tenant view of all your customers backups, be they virtual or physical machine backups, via the Altaro Cloud Management Console (CMC).
Altaro's premium 24/7 support is part of the package.
• Altaro's Cloud Management Console is a multitenant console that enables you to manage and monitor all your Altaro customer backups from a single pane of glass. You can link any installations of Altaro Physical Server Backup to it and benefit from the ability to centrally handle, schedule backups, manage storage, billing and so on, as is the case with Altaro VM Backup installations.
• You can link multiple Altaro Physical Server Backup installations to the Cloud Management Console so that you can manage and monitor them all through the single-pane-of-glass platform.
• You can trigger restores directly through the Cloud Management Console.
• You can take offsite copies of a physical Windows server to the Altaro Offsite Server, available at no cost. This provides dual benefits as it provides a secondary backup copy while enabling you to deliver and bill for storage services.
• Your monthly invoice will include backups of virtual machines and, if these are enabled, physical servers as well.
Bare Metal Restores - Upcoming releases will include the possibility to restore a backed up physical machine to bare metal (a physical machine without an operating system).
• Each VM and each physical server that reports a successful backup at least once a month is added to the MSP's monthly invoice.
• A minimum monthly starting subscription of up to 10 VMs applies across all an MSP’s customers; physical server backups are charged over and above that.
Sign up for your 30-day trial of Altaro VM Backup for MSPs and receive free access to the Cloud Management Console to get up and running right away.