Who are we?
Altaro Limited is the data controller for all personal data submitted by applicants. The contact details of Altaro Limited are as follows:
Life Sciences Park,
San Gwann Industrial Estate,
Any queries or requests on your personal data previously submitted to the Company may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
During the recruitment process personal data submitted in the application form and CV is ordinarily collected and processed by Altaro for the sole purpose of selecting a suitable candidate for the vacant position. All personal data is collected either directly from the employee or otherwise from external recruitment agencies, following the consent of the candidate.
Other categories of personal data may be requested during the recruitment process directly from the candidate to support information previously provided in the job application and/or CV.
Special categories of personal data
We do not collect any special categories of personal data revealing race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, health data, or data concerning a natural person’s sexual orientation.
By submitting your application and CV, you are giving Altaro explicit consent to process your application for the specific vacancy to which your application relates.
Altaro may also process applications and CVs previously received, for alternative or future job vacancies that may arise. However, such processing will only take place after obtaining specific consent from applicants.
You may withdraw consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
1.3 Retention period
Altaro Limited will retain personal data submitted by candidates only for as long as required to carry out the processing activity for which the data was originally collected. Personal data may be retained for a longer duration following explicit consent from candidates to be considered for future vacancies or roles. In setting the retention period, Altaro also take into consideration any claims which may potentially be lodged in relation to the selection process.
Altaro has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
1.4 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the candidate (data subject), have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Altaro Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests may be forwarded to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If third party processors are involved in the processing of your personal data as listed in 1.3 above, we will assess the request and if reasonable we will place a request with the third party processor on your behalf.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Altaro Limited (or third parties as described in 1.3 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with Altaro Limited by contacting the contact persons provided in section 1.1. Alternatively you may raise a complaint directly with the supervisory authority.
The contact details of the supervisory authority are as follows:
Information and Data Protection Commissioner