Terms & Conditions
1. Sponsor. The contest is sponsored by Altaro Software, referred to as Sponsor from herein with.
2. Prizes. The Sponsor will give away an Amazon.com eGift Card for all the eligible contest entries. The Sponsor will also draw 4 Grand Prizes winner from all eligible entries. The Grand Prize will consist of:
- Bose Home Speaker
- DJI Mavic Mini
- Google Nest Cam Outdoor
- Playstation 5
All prizes are non-refundable and do not include cash alternatives. Prizes are subject to availability and Altaro is not responsible for any delays due to unavailability of the prizes. Prizes as shown in the promotional campaign creatives are subject to change as per products’ availability.
3. Contest Entry Period & Eligibility. The contest period starts at 09:00h (CEST) on 15th March, 2021 and ends at 23:59h (CEST) on 30th April, 2021. The 15th of March, 2021 and 30th April, 2021 are included within the contest period. All entries that enter on these dates and time and follow the Contest regulations will be eligible. The Altaro World Backup Day Contest 2021 is open only to valid entries who are over eighteen years of age or older. Any of Altaro's affiliates, partners, distributors, sponsorships, advertising agencies, suppliers, employees as well as the immediate family and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate. People who have signed up to an Altaro Office 365 Backup for End Users trial are not eligible to participate in the contest. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
4. How to enter the contest and contest rules
- Fill in the form with your correct details and activate your Altaro Office 365 Backup account via https://www.altaro.com/world-backup-day/ using your work (office) email address. Only valid work (office) email addresses will be considered as eligible email addresses, so we can authenticate and verify only one entry per user, as well as be able to contact the winners via the same email.
- Activate your Altaro Office 365 Backup account, add at least 1 mailbox, and take a screenshot of the main dashboard view. Only screenshots that show at least 1 mailbox added for backing up will be considered as eligible. Screenshots are to be uploaded at the link contest entrants will receive via email when they activate their Altaro Office 365 Backup from https://www.altaro.com/world-backup-day/ within the above-stated contest period. Entrants will also be asked to submit the Grand Prize of their choice on the same link.
- After review, the entries found to be eligible will be included in the final draw and also receive an eGift Card from Amazon.
- As an option, on the same page where they will upload the screenshot, the participants may submit a story about their funniest IT catastrophe for a chance to win one of the Grand Prizes. Note that this is optional, and that the participants will not be disqualified from eligibility for an Amazon e-voucher should they choose not to do so. Furthermore, by uploading the story, the participant is giving the Sponsor consent to process the submitted story for the purposes of the World Backup Day Contest 2021.
- Only the participants that upload a valid screenshot and write a story in the mentioned field on the page have a chance to participate in the lucky draw for one of the 4 Grand Prizes.
- The subscribed stories won’t be analysed from a creative point of view. The Sponsor retains the right though to disqualify inappropriate or harmful language, or any speech or footage that urges towards discrimination, violence or any type of inequality. By submitting the story, the participant gives to the Sponsor full rights in using it in Marketing actions with promotional purposes, on the Sponsor’s Social Media Channels, emails & owned platforms without additional compensation. Only the participants that trial the product by adding a VM or a mailbox for backup and the story on the page will have a chance to participate in the lucky draw for one of the Grand Prizes.
- Participants are able to modify or withdraw their consent in writing at any time by writing an email to [email protected] with the subject line “WORLD BACKUP DAY 2021 CONSENT”.
- The deadline to send in your screenshot and your story is 23:59h (CEST) on 30th April, 2021 . Contest entrants who do not send their screenshot by this date, will be considered ineligible for the final draw or for the guaranteed Amazon voucher.
- All entries will be reviewed by the Sponsor who retains the right to accept or decline any entries. In addition, only one entry per participant and one entry per company will be considered valid. Multiple entries will be considered null and void.
- The final lucky draw will be held by 30th May, 2021.
- Winners will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsor by the end of May, 2021.
- If the Sponsor’s representative is unable to contact one of the winners within 5 days of the draw or if the winner does not want the prize, the sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner.
- The winner who agrees to accept the prize must agree to participate and cooperate with the Sponsor for any publication of the Winner in media, including but not limited to, being mentioned as one of the contest winners on the Sponsor’s social media profiles and platforms.
6. General Conditions. Should you be the Grand Prize winner of this contest, you will be asked for further contact details for the Sponsor to be able to send you the Prize via postal mail. These details will only be used for this purpose, and not shared with any entity or used otherwise by the Sponsor or its Partners. By accepting this Prize, you understand that you are not obliged whatsoever to purchase or recommend any products from the Sponsor. In accepting the Prize, the Winner will be expected to agree to participate in and co-operate with being mentioned as the Winner of the contest on the Sponsor's Website and/or Social Media profiles on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or LinkedIn. The Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. You agree that the Sponsor shall have the right to use your name, photograph, image and statements relating to the contest for advertising, publicity and marketing purposes without additional compensation.
Entrant has secured all necessary rights and permissions for Entrant’s submission, including any and all licenses, releases, and/or waivers. Entrant holds Sponsor and its affiliates and agents harmless from damage or loss that may result from Entrant’s failure to secure necessary rights and permissions.
Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates an irrevocable, non-exclusive and royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual right and license to reproduce, distribute, broadcast, post, publish, transmit, encode, store, and/or otherwise use or display, in whole or in part, any Content submitted in connection with this Contest for the purpose of promoting the Contest or Sponsor, in all media now known or hereafter devised. Entrant agrees and understands that Sponsor is not required to utilize any of the Content submitted by the Entrant. Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates the rights and licenses free of charge and agrees that no further permissions from or payment of compensation or royalties to Entrant or any other party are required. Entrant also waives any intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights, moral rights, or any other legal right Entrant may have acquired in the Content submitted or its elements, if any; and Entrant waives any claim and agrees not to assert any claim against Sponsor, its licensees, or affiliated or related companies for their use of the content submitted. No further permissions, consents or payments are required from or to Entrant or any third party in connection with the use by Sponsor of the rights granted hereunder, there is and will not be any agreement with a third party that may in any way interfere with Sponsor’s rights under this license, and such rights are and shall be free and clear of any and all claims, rights and obligations whatsoever.
Sponsor reserves the right to review any Content submitted at any time, and to disqualify any entry which, in its sole discretion, is deemed to be inappropriate, offensive, unsuitable, or it deems may otherwise be in violation of these Contest rules, applicable laws or regulations, or the rights of any third party.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or accepting the prize. The Sponsor will not be held responsible for any damage, liabilities, injury, loss or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering this contest or accepting the Prize.
8. Contest Results. To request the list of winners, send a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: Altaro UK Limited, Reading Thames Valley Park, 400 Thames Valley Park Drive, Thames Valley Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1PT, United Kingdom. The request must be received not later than four weeks of the end of the Contest period.
9. Terms Subject to change. These terms and conditions are subject to change by the Sponsor as deemed necessary.
Go back to World Backup Day page