Terms & Conditions
1. Sponsor. The contest is sponsored by Altaro, part of Hornetsecurity Group, referred to as Sponsor from herein with.
2. Prizes. The Sponsor will give away an Amazon.com e-voucher for all the eligible contest entries. The Sponsor will also draw 3 Grand Prizes winners from all eligible entries. The Grand Prizes will consist of:
- Oculus Quest 2
- Cololight Hexagon Wall Light
- Das Keyboard 4 Professional Wired Mechanical Keyboard
All prizes are non-refundable and do not include cash alternatives. Prizes are subject to availability. The Sponsor is not responsible for any delays due to unavailability of the prizes. Prizes as shown in the promotional campaign creatives are subject to change as per products’ availability.
3. Contest Entry Period & Eligibility. The contest period starts at 09:00h (CEST) on 15th March, 2022 and ends at 23:59h (CEST) on 30th April, 2022. The 15th of March, 2022 and 30th April, 2022 are included within the contest period. All entries that enter on these dates and time and follow the Contest regulations will be eligible. The Altaro World Backup Day Contest 2022 is open only to valid entries who are over eighteen years of age or older. Any of Altaro's affiliates, partners, distributors, sponsorships, advertising agencies, suppliers, employees as well as the immediate family and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate. People who have signed up to an Altaro Office 365 Backup for End Users trial are not eligible to participate in the contest. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
4. How to enter the contest and contest rules
- Fill in the form with your correct details and activate your Altaro Office 365 Backup account or downloading Altaro VM Backup via https://www.altaro.com/world-backup-day/ using your work (office) email address. Only valid work (office) email addresses will be considered as eligible email addresses, so we can authenticate and verify only one entry per user, as well as be able to contact the winners via the same email.
- Either activate your Altaro Office 365 Backup account and add at least 1 mailbox for backup or download Altaro VM Backup, add at least 1 VM for backup and submit a screenshot of your dashboard, clearly showing the VM added for backup. Only screenshots that show at least 1 VM added for backing up, will be considered as eligible. Screenshots are to be uploaded at the link contest entrants will receive via email, when they sign up to the contest through https://www.altaro.com/world-backup-day/ within the above-stated contest period.
- After review, the entries found to be eligible will receive an e-voucher from Amazon.
- As an option, on the same page where they will upload the screenshot, the participants may complete the sentence “You know you’re a SysAdmin when…” and submit their completion for a chance to win one of the Grand Prizes. Note that this is optional, and that the participants will not be disqualified from eligibility for an Amazon e-voucher should they choose not to do so. Furthermore, by uploading the sentence, the participant is giving the Sponsor consent to process the submitted story for the purposes of the World Backup Day Contest 2022 and any other content the Sponsor may create.
- Only the participants that trial one of the products by adding a VM or a mailbox for backup and submit a story in the mentioned field on the page have a chance to participate in the lucky draw for one of the 3 Grand Prizes.
- The subscribed sentences won’t be analysed from a creative point of view. The Sponsor retains the right though to disqualify inappropriate or harmful language, or any speech or footage that urges towards discrimination, violence or any type of inequality. By submitting the sentence, the participant gives to the Sponsor full rights in using it in Marketing actions with promotional purposes, on the Sponsor’s Social Media Channels, emails & owned platforms without additional compensation. Only the participants that trial the product by adding a VM or a mailbox for backup and the sentence on the page will have a chance to participate in the lucky draw for one of the Grand Prizes.
- Participants are able to modify or withdraw their consent in writing at any time by writing an email to [email protected] with the subject line “WORLD BACKUP DAY 2022 CONSENT”.
- The deadline to send in your participation is 23:59h (CEST) on 30th April, 2022. Contest participants who do not send their participation by this date, will be considered ineligible for the final lucky draw and for the Amazon voucher.
- All entries will be reviewed by the Sponsor who retains the right to accept or decline any entries. In addition, only one entry per participant and one entry per company will be considered valid. Multiple entries will be considered null and void.
- The final lucky draw will be held by 15th May, 2022.
- Winners will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsor by the end of May 2022.
- If the Sponsor’s representative is unable to contact one of the winners within 3 working days of being contacted by the Sponsor’s representative or if the winner does not want the prize, the Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner.
- The winners who agree to accept the prize must agree to participate and cooperate with the Sponsor for any publication of the Winners in media, including but not limited to, being mentioned as one of the contest winners on the Sponsor’s social media profiles and platforms.
6. General Conditions. Should you be one of the Grand Prize winners of this contest, you will be asked for further contact details for the Sponsor to be able to send you the Prize via postal mail. These details will only be used for this purpose, and not shared with any entity or used otherwise by the Sponsor or its Partners. By accepting this Prize, you understand that you are not obliged whatsoever to purchase or recommend any products from the Sponsor. In accepting the Prize, the Winners will be expected to agree to participate in and co-operate with being mentioned as the Winners of the contest on the Sponsor's Website and/or Social Media profiles on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or LinkedIn. The Winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use. You agree that the Sponsor shall have the right to use your name, photography, image and statements relating to the contest for advertising, publicity and marketing purposes without additional compensation.
Entrant has secured all necessary rights and permissions for Entrant’s submission, including any and all licenses, releases, and/or waivers. Entrant holds Sponsor and its affiliates and agents harmless from damage or loss that may result from Entrant’s failure to secure necessary rights and permissions.
Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates an irrevocable, non-exclusive and royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual right and license to reproduce, distribute, broadcast, post, publish, transmit, encode, store, and/or otherwise use or display, in whole or in part, any Content submitted in connection with this Contest for the purpose of promoting the Contest or Sponsor, in all media now known or hereafter devised. Entrant agrees and understands that Sponsor is not required to utilize any of the Content submitted by the Entrant. Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates the rights and licenses free of charge and agrees that no further permissions from or payment of compensation or royalties to Entrant or any other party are required. Entrant also waives any intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights, moral rights, or any other legal right Entrant may have acquired in the Content submitted or its elements, if any; and Entrant waives any claim and agrees not to assert any claim against Sponsor, its licensees, or affiliated or related companies for their use of the content submitted. No further permissions, consents or payments are required from or to Entrant or any third party in connection with the use by Sponsor of the rights granted hereunder, there is and will not be any agreement with a third party that may in any way interfere with Sponsor’s rights under this license, and such rights are and shall be free and clear of any and all claims, rights and obligations whatsoever.
Sponsor reserves the right to review any Content submitted at any time, and to disqualify any entry which, in its sole discretion, is deemed to be inappropriate, offensive, unsuitable, or it deems may otherwise be in violation of these Contest rules, applicable laws or regulations, or the rights of any third party.
If a contestant wishes to withdraw from the competition, the contestant can send an email to [email protected]
7. Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or accepting the prize. The Sponsor will not be held responsible for any damage, liabilities, injury, loss or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering this contest or accepting the Prize.
8. Contest Results. To request the list of winners, send a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: Altaro Software, Dalton House, 60 Windsor Avenue, London SW19 2RR United Kingdom. The request must be received not later than four weeks of the end of the Contest period
9. Terms Subject to change. These terms and conditions are subject to change by the Sponsor as deemed necessary.
Go back to World Backup Day page